Tuesday 17 August 2010

New Member Of The Family!

I have some exciting news today! After weeks of pestering the long-suffering Mr P and continuiously showing him sad piccies, he has finally buckled and agreed that we can temporarily foster a cat! Yay!! I have been given a list of rules I must comply with (which, of course, I shall) with one of them being that we can only offer temporary fostering for up to a month for the cat. So, after checking that cats are ok with the landlords, I was finally able to call the Celia Hammond Animal Trust Rescue Centre in Lewisham and register our help. The nice lady called me back today and said we could definately help them out as they are actually over-flowing with cats as it is kitten season and they also just took in 35 cats and 9 kittens the other day who'd been living in a van with a man and a lady since August 2nd!

So a nice lady will be coming around in the next few days to chat to us about what we need to do, how experienced we are with cats (ie they'll give us a nervous/grumpy one if we have lots of experience...we don't!). So it's all very exciting! I've also asked if I can help out volunteering at the centre during the week so that shall also be discussed at the same time. Can't wait!

I'm a sucker for an animal in need. I'm always feeding poor Mr P's ham for his sandwiches to the local cats who pop into the garden to say hello to me while I'm gardening. It's been almost 18 months since I went to Thailand to volunteer at an elephant sanctuary out there so it's about time I got stuck back into helping animals again.

Cats are great. I love 'em so much that I even have a little figurine of Bast the Egyptian Goddess. They're soft, fluffy and pretty independant too. Mostly they just chill out and they do LOADS of stretching. My massage lady is always telling me to watch cats as they've got the right idea. They stretch all the time. In fact, most of the time when they go to move, they won't, until they've given themselves a good old stretch out first.

Stretching is so good for you. Anyone who practises yoga will tell you that. In fact, there are many yoga moves which seem to be inspired by cats...and I'm not just talking about the Cat Pose!
Flickr/nagillum
Flickr/myyogaonline

Flickr/myyogaonline
Flickr/Amy Groark

discovery.com
Flickr/dsb nola

Flickr/play4smee
Flickr/YoGeek Mami

If you fancy being a bit more cat-like  then you can download this free yoga book which'll help get you started.

No comments:

Post a Comment