Saturday 14 August 2010

A Truly Magickal Day!

Today has been a good day. Despite waking up feeling slightly ropey after a night on the tiles (wearing VERY un-sensible shoes!), Mr P and myself still managed to get ourselves up and together enough to make our first visit to Greenwich Auctions. I've been desperate to go here for ages as it'd been recommended to me by Mr P's Dad's friend a while back. Plus I do love a good rummage - not to mention a good bargain!  After 3 hrs of sitting as still as possible and trying to ignore our suddenly incredibly itchy noses and heads, it was our turn to bid for the only lot we were desperate to win - 2 cast aluminium battleshields made for and used in the 1988 cult classic film "Willow"! The guide price was an incredible £10-£15 so we were praying that we'd not have to reach our maximum bid of £20 per shield. We needn't have worried tho - everyone there was more interested in the vintage wine than in movie memorabilia! So we got them for a measly tenner each. A bargain as we found them later on the internet selling for £120-£149 per shield!

I loved "Willow" when I was growing up. It was one of the movies my folks recorded onto video from the tv and my younger brother and I would watch it over and over again. So to have a little piece of it in my little house is just fantastic and will help remind me to always believe in magic.

Our 2 fabulous "Willow" shields






Last night's amazing dancing shoes - worth every minute of pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment